The MIT campus is closed until further notice, and MIT has implemented a Limited Access Plan (LAP) for all campus buildings. Information about key offices and services is provided below.
- Atlas Service Center: All operations have moved online.
- Copytech: Copytech is available for print requests. Email the team for assistance.
- Career Advising and Professional Development (CAPD) is available to meet remotely or by phone and is offering virtual programs all semester, including the Virtual Career Fair.
- House dining: All undergraduates in emergency housing are on a no-cost bridge dining plan. Access to dining for heads of house, GRAs, and area directors is unaffected. Brunch (10 a.m. - 2 p.m.) and dinner (4 p.m. - 8 p.m.) will be served seven days a week in Maseeh and Baker dining halls. As of March 17, service is carry-out only to align with Massachusetts public health requirements.
- TechMart: MIT’s at-cost grocery is operating in Maseeh's Flowers Dining Room from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Credit cards, debit cards, TechCASH, and cash accepted.
- All retail dining locations are closed.
- MIT Activities Committee: Vendors have added links to online virtual content while their physical locations are closed. The MITAC team is available by email Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., or you can leave a voicemail at 617-253-7990.
- MIT Federal Credit Union: the 700 Tech Square branch is open during regular hours for ATM/VTM usage, and by appointment Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- MIT Medical
- MIT Medical has moved away from the current Urgent Care and Student Mental Health & Counseling Services walk-in system and is implementing a “call-first” model. Patients must call ahead to schedule a time to be seen, including in Urgent Care and Student Mental Health & Counseling Services.
- If you have general questions about these changes, please email email@example.com. If you have questions about an existing appointment or would like to be seen, please call MIT Medical at 617-253-4481.
- MIT Police : Dial 100 from any campus phone, or 617-253-1212 from a cell phone or off-campus phone (24 hours a day)
- Ombuds Office: Virtual appointments with the Ombuds Office are available. Email Kalina Schloneger or call 617-253-5921.
- Facilities: See updates on services, including custodial, mail services, construction, repair and maintenance, and transportation.
- Campus Activities Complex: All facilities, including the Student Center, Walker Memorial, MIT Chapel, and Religious Life Center, are closed.
- Department of Athletics and Physical Education (DAPER) outdoor facilities are open to members of the MIT community who have been approved to reside or work on campus for the 2020 fall semester. Check-in is required for use of these facilities, which include Steinbrenner Stadium, Roberts Field, Sherie and Don (1961) Track, Jack Barry Field, the DuPont Tennis Courts, and the Wood Sailing Pavilion. For more information, please visit the DAPER site.
- MIT Libraries: All locations are closed (including 24-hour spaces). The Libraries staff is available remotely to help the community access online resources and services.
- MIT parking facilities on the Cambridge campus are open to all MIT ID cardholders free of charge through December 31, 2020. We will re-evaluate this emergency policy for the fall term. All MIT ID cards have been activated to allow access to all MIT lots and garages, regardless of whether the individual is a current parking account holder.
- Please note that parking rules continue to apply and signage regarding reserved spaces must be observed.
- For information regarding parking locations, view a printable map or interactive map. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions.