The MIT campus is closed until further notice, and MIT has implemented a Limited Access Plan (LAP) for all campus buildings. Information about key offices and services is provided below.
- Atlas Service Center: All operations have moved online.
- Copytech: All locations are closed. The Copytech team is available by email if needed.
- Career Advising and Professional Development (CAPD) is available to meet remotely or by phone and is offering virtual programs all semester, including the Virtual Career Fair.
- House dining: All undergraduates in emergency housing are on a no-cost bridge dining plan. Access to dining for heads of house, GRAs, and area directors is unaffected. Brunch (10 a.m. - 2 p.m.) and dinner (4 p.m. - 8 p.m.) will be served seven days a week in Maseeh and Baker dining halls. As of March 17, service is carry-out only to align with Massachusetts public health requirements.
- TechMart: MIT’s at-cost grocery is operating in Maseeh's Flowers Dining Room from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Credit cards, debit cards, TechCASH, and cash accepted.
- All retail dining locations are closed.
- MIT Activities Committee: Vendors have added links to online virtual content while their physical locations are closed. The MITAC team is available by email Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., or you can leave a voicemail at 617-253-7990.
- MIT Federal Credit Union: All branches are closed.
- MIT Medical
- MIT Medical has moved away from the current Urgent Care and Student Mental Health & Counseling Services walk-in system and is implementing a “call-first” model. Patients must call ahead to schedule a time to be seen, including in Urgent Care and Student Mental Health & Counseling Services.
- If you have general questions about these changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about an existing appointment or would like to be seen, please call MIT Medical at 617-253-4481.
- MIT Police : Dial 100 from any campus phone, or 617-253-1212 from a cell phone or off-campus phone (24 hours a day)
- Ombuds Office: Virtual appointments with the Ombuds Office are available. Email Kalina Schloneger or call 617-253-5921.
- Facilities: See updates on services, including custodial, mail services, construction, repair and maintenance, and transportation.
- Campus Activities Complex: All facilities, including the Student Center, Walker Memorial, MIT Chapel, and Religious Life Center, are closed.
- Department of Athletics and Physical Education (DAPER)
- All DAPER indoor facilities (including the Zesiger Center and Alumni/Wang) are closed.
- As of April 3, outside DAPER outdoor facilities are closed. This includes: Steinbrenner Stadium, Roberts Field, Jack Barry Field, and the DuPont Tennis Courts.
- MIT Libraries: All locations are closed (including 24-hour spaces). The Libraries staff is available remotely to help the community access online resources and services.
- MIT parking facilities on the Cambridge campus are open to all MIT ID cardholders free of charge through September 1, 2020. We will re-evaluate this emergency policy for the fall term. All MIT ID cards have been activated to allow access to all MIT lots and garages, regardless of whether the individual is a current parking account holder.
- Please note that parking rules continue to apply and signage regarding reserved spaces must be observed.
- For information regarding parking locations, view a printable map or interactive map. Email email@example.com with specific questions.